It’s been since the 21st of January since I last had a blog post. Indeed, I have been busy with activity since then, from research, TA’ing, and plenty of meetings. Since I just want to get a post out, I might as well list some of the highlights and lowlights of the last few weeks.
In no particular order:
* The weather has been so temperamental in Chicago! Going from fifties and sixties (Fahrenheit) down to single digits, and finally getting some snow to fall.
* I made chili to take to the office, and it was a huge success!
* Research looked at another avenue toward my problem, which resolved some problems but created new ones. It’s always a conservation of difficulty situation…
* I still have the vim and vigor to go to multiple sporting events in a single day. Fencing! Basketball! Swimming!
* Grading is quite annoying, especially for homework assignments. But toward the end of the stack, I get into a rhythm of powering through.
* It’s important to stay in touch with family and friends. My ninth-grade English teacher unexpectedly passed away last week… I am very glad that I got to see her when I was back in Lincoln over winter break.
* Despite the fact that I subscribe to the Chicago Tribune, I am not very regular about reading it.
* It is very easy to get caught up in various time-sucks that can break up routines.
* Textbooks are expensive!
* You never know what topics may become a vivid conversation starter. At “Get Connected,” the difference between “who” and “whom” did it.
* Biking ten miles in the cold? No big deal! There was no ice, and easily-avoidable snow and slush.
* Revisiting a topic opens up new ideas for explanation. I really believe now that the best way to learn something is to teach it!
There are plenty of other bullet points, but part of my goal was just to push a post past. Hopefully, I will post at least ONCE in the next 18 days!