For the second time in three weeks, my blog has been nominated for an award that reads like a chain letter: it is the Liebster award. Even though I realize that I should be passing on the award, I am not really one to spread the virus–I would rather recommend blogs based on what I read, and through my comments to their posts, instead of this somewhat forced idea.
But, I will leave questions and invite readers to answer on their own blogs.
However, I still want to answer the questions provided by my nominees Alienora and Sanchita Hobby:
1. What birth sign would you like to be born under? Or month, if birth signs aren’t your bag!
I don’t really have much stock in birth signs, but I really do like the July birthday that I already have. Why change it?
2. What is your favourite food? Don’t feel you have to limit yourself on this one!
That’s a tough one. I have a lot of favourites, but among them is the Runza sandwich.
3. What makes you angry?
Almost nothing. I am a very easygoing person. However, unjustified negativity tends to perturb me.
4. How do you relax in your busy life?
I enjoy going to Jewish services to spend time with friends, and when I spend time with family, it is often relaxing and low-key.
5. What sort of music do you listen to/play/enjoy?
Almost anything, other than rap. Concert band, jazz, new age, and Israeli music are my current favourites.
6. If you were an animal, which one would you be – and why?
I’d be a cat–docile in most cases, but ferocious if provoked.
7. What are you favourite colours?
Red, purple, and blue.
8. And what, in your opinion, do these colours say about your personality?
The fact that red and blue, through subtractive mixing, lead to purple, suggest that my personality is one that complements itself.
9. How do you get your blog out to the wider world?
I use Facebook and Twitter, and also word-of-mouth. Effective tagging of posts has also helped a lot.
10. What to your family and friends think of your blogging habit?
They enjoy reading my posts, and actually, one of my cousins motivated me (maybe in jest!) to do this M.M.X.I.V. challenge.
From Sanchita Hobby:
1. Which is your favourite movie?
My favourite movie is “The Sword in the Stone.”
2. What do you do to unwind at the end of a hard day?
I write in my journal, play bridge online, read the newspaper, or just chill out.
3. What would be perfect weather for you?
A perfect day for me would be sunny, calm winds, and a temperature of about 20 degrees Celsius (68 Fahrenheit).
4. Which task is of highest priority on a Sunday?
Having fun playing cards–both Pokémon and bridge!
5. Who is your favourite actor?
I have no idea–I don’t watch enough movies to have one.
6. Which tourist place would you like to visit?
The Dead Sea, since I didn’t get to go during my Birthright trip.
7. Which is your favourite fruit?
Grapefruit for direct eating, and blueberries for indirect eating.
8. In which list would you like your blog to feature?
I don’t know what lists are considered here.
9. What kind of blogs impress you the most?
General-interest blogs, with slices of life throughout.
10. If you could change one thing what would it be?
I would like to change peoples’ pre-emptive thinking and how they use impressions to immediately form potentially-false perceptions.
If I were to spread this to others, these are the questions that I would ask:
1) Which would you rather do: dance or sing? Why?
2) Where would be your ideal place of residence?
3) How many times per week do you cook?
4) What is your favo(u)rite beverage?
5) What is your favo(u)rite sound effect?
6) Would you rather communicate with people at a distance in writing or by voice?
7) What method of transportation is your favo(u)rite?
8) Do you have a relic from childhood that continues to define you today? If so, what?
9) Describe an unusual talent that you have.
10) Which excites you more: large parties or small social get-togethers? Why?
Today is the nineteenth day of M.M.X.I.V. That makes two weeks and five days.