As long as this post title is, I’m afraid that it doesn’t trump my longest post title from ten weeks ago (GEEZ!), but maybe you don’t want to recall the song (cough, Casey, cough). The song is not exactly an anthem that I have heard frequently this summer, but it definitely could be the anthem of Noah’s Summer 2014 thus far.
Some of the things that have been making the world run down for me include the following:
- Increased pressure to get research done, particularly because my funding is slated to lapse at the end of the summer.
- Preparing my teaching portfolio in order to complete the Teaching Certificate Program.
- Preparation for EXCEL often keeping me up later than I would like at night, but it is worth it.
- THE. <CUCKOO!>. CAST.
Despite these, the second clause of the post title is where my positivity shines. Here are my responses to each of these:
- Sometimes, I tend to work better under pressure. This applies to the third bullet as well. In fact, although I don’t do academic work very often in the evenings, I did much of my EXCEL preparation after-hours.
- The teaching portfolio is helping me in my professional development.
- The cast has forced me to adapt, and I feel that it is going pretty well, and actually improved my communication in terms of grading.
Some of the runner-up songs that I was considering, and why they were rejected:
- Cruel Summer by Bananarama: Too negative, even if the weather reminds me of when I misheard the word “cruel” as “cool” in the sense of the temperature.
- The Man in the Green Shirt by Weather Report: Although it relates to my teaching in July, the green shirts have not been a constant for me as when I was a TA.
I must say that this was an enjoyable prompt to write a quickie about.
Today is the two-hundred and fifth day of M.M.X.I.V. That makes twenty-nine weeks and two days.
Today is the tenth day of the Character Building Trial. That makes one week and three days.