Done? Done with what? It’s not my PhD program–although I intend to finish by June, I am not there yet. And it’s not a sign of me giving up on anything. Rather, I’d like to think that I am done with discontinuous weeks for a while. What?
Ever since the week of September 15, I have not had a continuous week of work at the office, due to many events:
- Week of September 22: On the Thursday and Friday, I was out of the office due to ראש השנה (Rosh Hashanah).
- Week of September 29: My advisor was out of town on Monday and Tuesday, and although I got work done on those days, my efficiency was definitely stunted. That Friday was also mostly useless due to preparation for יום כיפור (Yom Kippur).
- Week of October 6: I was out of town on the Friday in transit to Lincoln for Molly’s wedding, and although I should have been able to do some work in the airport or while waiting for festivities, there was no way it was going to work.
- Week of October 13: I didn’t arrive in Chicago until late on the Monday, so had another four-day week.
- Week of October 20: On Monday, my parents were in town, and my advisor has also been unavailable until today.
It seems like a bunch of excuses, but next week should finally be a full five-day week. It’s now MY TIME to get some strong research done! Because for a while, I AM DONE with these interruptions during the days! In fact, I better get back to work now! I just needed a quick sanity break.
Today is the two-hundred and ninety-seventh day of M.M.X.I.V. That makes forty-two weeks and three days.
Today is the twenty-fourth day of the third round of O.C.T.O.B.E.R. That makes three weeks and three days.