This is the last post of the fifth year of M.A.P.L.E., and it’s hard to believe how fast it has gone by this year (not to mention the last five Mays since I started blogging).
There has been conservation of difficulty for my blog posts. Although I have had a lot of free time due to not having teaching or grading or prep to do (excluding the first week of the month), I have had difficulty with blogging. But not due to writers’ block!
Rather, the fact is that I have been a little bit like a circus this month. This is in the sense that I have been touring, and doing various types of “freak show” exhibits. No, not really freak shows, but perhaps freak activities compared to my normal routines. For example:
- May 7: The Travellin’ Noah Show goes to Cottage Grove for a day trip to watch his friend Tony’s rugby match and enjoy the “Third Half…” albeit a little awkwardly!
- May 12: The Travellin’ Noah Show takes a night out in St. Paul to rendezvous with his friend Elisheva, and to see a play. His odometer also hit a milestone mileage:
- May 13-15: The Travellin’ Noah Show continues to the Beaver Creek Reserve, for a fun Shabbaton with a subset of the Eau Claire Jewish community. (Sorry, the picture only indicates the road there–I did not take any pictures during the weekend…)
- May 20-22: The Travellin’ Noah Show goes to Madison for the Pokemon TCG Regional Championship, at Beautiful Monona Terrace. Interestingly, he brought the “Creep Show” rather than the “Freak Show” in his main-event deck.
- May 22: The show continues on the road to Deerfield, and results in a surprise for his friend Dina… after he deliberately fabricated during a conversation. This was planned so as to be a complimentary stopover. (I have no photos on my end.)
- May 23: The show goes up into Kenosha for his interview at Carthage College, and then to Whitefish Bay for an evening with Aunt Soni, Uncle Jess, and cousin Jason. (Sorry, no photos here.)
- May 26: The show parks in the Twin Cities and Minnesota, but prepares for a lot of different venues. It begins along the Mississippi River with fun bike rides with Elisheva, a ל”ג בעומר (Lag b’Omer) bonfire, and a pleasant evening ride.
- May 27: Then the show proceeds to Sheraton Minneapolis West, and is an award-winning show! Rochester was next, as he witnessed a great accomplishment for his sister! (He doesn’t have any pictures, but she definitely does.)
- May 28: The show is crazy busy, as it has gigs at Beth Jacob, Mall of America, and BNW. Again, he doesn’t have any pictures.
- May 29: Noah remains the freak show as the designated driver on the brewery tour.
- May 30: A brief respite from travelling…
- May 31: And the show prepares to take off for Kenosha again!
On the road again, I just can’t wait to get back on the road again…
All right, so maybe not quite a circus, but I figured that the idea of travelling for shows is sufficient to call it a circus! Some people probably see the Clown and Joker sides of me…
Today is the thirty-first day of the fifth round of M.A.P.L.E. That is Mission Accomplished!
היום שמונה ושלושים יום-שהם חמישה שבועות שלושה ימים לעומר
Kenosha West: Next right!
Host Time: 3 days.
Twenty-Nine: 33 days.