Well, I posted on Monday and Tuesday and then Friday of last week, but toward the end of M.A.P.L.E., the posts were usually shorter and posted Mobile-Style.
It has been a whirlwind of travel and fun activity ever since May 19, and this has meant a challenging slate of M.A.P.L.E. posts and a challenge for a consistent blog presence. Such is life!
And in some sense, I have been incessantly busy ever since M.A.P.L.E. ended. These fun (or maybe not so fun :p) activities have happened:
- The misadventure on May 31 that I posted on Friday.
- The interview on June 1. I think it went well, but I have yet to hear back from them. At this point, that is neither a good nor a bad sign.
- A regular day of work on June 2, though I maybe was a little distracted due to it being “one” day before I would leave.
- Prep on Thursday evening and Friday morning to host my friend Dina over the weekend.
- Fun at the Mall of America and services with Dina on Friday.
- The Twins game on Saturday, despite a rain delay, and then making stir-fry together. Though it didn’t taste that good to me that night… possibly since we didn’t eat until after 22:30!
- Setting and forgetting beef stew in a slow cooker, walking around Menomonie, going to a waterpark, sunbathing, and sunburning on Sunday :p
- A nice walk in Fort Snelling State Park before Dina went to the airport.
- Back to work for the Tuesday, Wednesday, and today. Though I managed to also get some nice bike joyrides in after work. I’ll have to devise a few different routes!
And the fun continues this weekend in the Twin Cities, with שבת ושבועות (Shabbat and Shavuot). It’ll be a weekend of friends, cheesecake, learning, davenning, possibly schvitzing, and hopefully some bike-riding (not necessarily in that order)!
However, strangely enough the trip to the Twin Cities begins tomorrow with a business trip. One of my students requested an incomplete, and is taking an exam tomorrow near that student’s home turf! Yes, I am very accommodating 🙂
היום שבעה וארבעים יום-שהם שישה שבועות וחמישה ימים לעומר
Columbus?: 21 days.
Twenty-Nine: 24 days.
The Next Major Adventure: 51- days.