Yesterday, I did something for only the second time in the last eleven years…
…attend Homecoming festivities.
WHOA! Hold the phones!
I have been to the Homecoming game of my current school ever since 2004.
However, I am talking about homecoming at school(s) at which I am an alumnus.
- In 2005, I went to the homecoming game at Southeast High School the fall after graduating since Seacrest Field was a short distance from UNL. The Knights, though, fell to the Silver Hawks.
- For my remaining years at UNL, I did not attend the homecoming game for Southeast, due to conflicts with on campus activities and/or services.
- After moving to Evanston, the only Nebraska games I saw in Lincoln were Northwestern games or the 2013 opener… none of which were homecoming.
- Last year, the only home Northwestern game I saw was the season opener.
- But this year, I have been to most of the Northwestern home games.
Interestingly, however, one “could” say that I attended the Homecoming game at Northwestern as part of the class of 2010, since I earned my masters degree from NU in that year. But I do not count this since I remained a student at the same school.
Who knows what future years will bring for homecoming at the schools from which I have graduated?
Mobile style. No counts or images.