Last year, at the end of M.A.P.L.E., I went on a hiatus from blogging, since I was on a 10-day trip to Israel and also went to Nebraska on the weekend following the Israel trip.
This year, there is no major vacation immediately after May for me, but there IS a trip at the end of June.
In fact, my summer agenda consists of the following:
- June: After Madison, work 3 to 5 days each week at the office, doing transcription of class notes in an attempt to cull some of the paper trail.
- The Monday after Madison will be Apartment Hunting in Eau Claire.
- On the non-working weekdays, do something fun like go to Chicago or Milwaukee, play bridge, or go on a long bike ride.
- June 29 to July 12: Alaska cruise with the family!
- Upon return: Finish any lagging work transcription and begin pack-up process.
- July 31: Move-out day!
- August 1: Move in to Eau Claire. (Hopefully I will be allowed to move in 1 day early.)
- Week of August 20: Eau Claire Bridge Regional.
- August 27: New job begins!
Today is the thirtieth day of the seventh round of M.A.P.L.E. That makes four weeks and two days.
Madison: Next right!
Alaska: 29 days
Eau Claire: 61 days